lunes, 24 de agosto de 2015

Abandoned but not forgotten: abandoned asylums

You know, I love mental hospitals, asylums, and I ssearched for thich ones are the most interesting, so I found several of them:

FOREST HAVEN ASYLUM


This photo reminds me of the asylum in a very bad game, but very recent (sorry, I don't remember the name, but the protagonist was a woman, maybe journalist...) 

Opened in 1925, this hospital was very progressive and high quality institution in treating mental problems. 
By the 1960, the hospital begun to dry up and devasting, and there were not suficient money for it, and they have charged slow budget employees. 
But then the doctors and nurses got crazy, and have begun to do gross experiments with patients, abuse them sexually,...
Hundred of patients died, and according to one report, some where subject of medical experiments before the hospital was shuttered in 1991. (oh! this is my  year of birth!!)
With buildings like this hospitals, why movies still building sets? xD 

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/forest-haven-asylum


THE WEYBURN MENTAL HOSPITAL


Opened in 1921, it quickly became one of Canada's most notorious psychiatrics institutions. It was the site of lobotomies, electric shock therapy and some of Canada's controversial LSD experiments. It was there that Dr. Humphrey Osmond coined the word "psychedelic" and was among the first administer LSD in psychiatric experiments.
In 1971,  the Weyburn Mental Hospital closed its doors and patients were transferred to other instituions. The building now stands abandoned as the govermment plans its demolition. (WHAT??? WHY???....)


Well, that's all for today, next time I will post more about abandoned asylums, 'cus I love this theme!!!
See you soon!!
Good night to all, and good morning for my USA friends!))

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Избранное сообщение

Dark asylums

Hello, my dear audience, and hope you will waiting for me...!! Today I will talk about several hospitals, my favourite part od the dar...